Range of Auto Glass Products
Our auto glass products are specifically designed to perform at the upper limits of both safety and efficiency. We have created internationally recognised, world-class solutions for the automobile industry using the highest grade materials.
Shatterprufe® Windscreens – Our brand-name laminated auto glass. Designed specifically to provide you with one of the safest windscreens on the road today.
- Shatterprufe® windscreens use a vinyl interlayer placed between outer layers of safety glass. Our laminated glass products are constructed to hold windscreens together in accident situations and prevent debris and dangerous shards of glass penetrating your car’s interior. This glass protection ensures security and safety on any kind of impact. This attention to detail and your safety is one of the reasons why we have become the nationally acclaimed supplier of high quality auto glass.
- Shatterprufe® windscreens are manufactured according to OE (Original Equipment) specification and are required to meet stringent safety and quality checks. The drop-ball test is used by the SABS to verify if windscreens conform to this standard:
- Glass Thickness – Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) require glass thickness to conform to a 1000th of a millimetre. The windscreen must fit correctly in the aperture. Too thick or thin will result in a poor fitting windscreen which will compromise your vehicle’s strength and integrity.
- Size and Shape - Shatterprufe® fits perfectly, offers the correct adhesion and provides optimal support when airbags are deployed.
- Cross Curvature – If the cross curvature is not uniform it may result in the windscreen wipers not working effectively and could create an unsafe situation. Horizontal draw lines result in distortion but Shatterprufe® vertical draw lines ensures clear vision.
- Shade Band Position – Shatterprufe® windscreens offer a consistent shade band that protects the occupants from the sun’s glare.
- Edge Stress – A vehicle is designed to flex up to 30%, putting immense strain on the windscreen. Shatterprufe® glass is able to absorb the stress without cracking and saves you unnecessary replacement costs.
Armourplate® Glass – Our toughened glass product for side and rear glass.
- Armourplate® glass is manufactured using a unique toughening and tempering process to ensure it is 5 times stronger than un-tempered glass and when broken, crumbles into harmless granules.
- Armourplate® glass is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) product that is used in a wide range of vehicles by virtue of its quality and safety characteristics. Armourplate® is a SABS approved product and is trusted by manufacturers, motorists and glass fitters nationwide.
- Tempered or toughened glass is created through a process of heat and chemical treatments that compress the surface of the glass while introducing tension to the core. It is this duality that allows toughened glass to excel when it comes to performance within the following areas:
- Strength – Resistance to breaking and cracking
- Thermal Resistance – Able to tolerate a wide range of temperatures without fracturing, eliminating the possibility of dangerous lacerations
- Safety – Will crumble into relatively harmless granules when broken
Find accredited auto glass fitters and get the market’s leading auto glass brand. Don’t compromise on safety. Danger Is Out There – Keep It That Way.
Please Sign-in in order to see the products on the site